This is probably about a year late, but here's some notes about the latest studio album, Robot MonStar:
- It was intended to be a new wave/sci-fi concept album.
- The title is based off of the 1953 monster film Robot Monster, and Mon*Star, the main villain from the 1986 Silverhawks animated series.
- The release date (Nov. 1, 2011) was chosen because it looked like binary code when written (110111).
- The album has a shorter run-time, since filming/music was also being done at the same time on the short horror film, "Curse of the Chicken Fucker".
- Complex mathematical equations were considered being used as song titles early on.
- The album cover was taken from the first in a series of link-able paintings: